Six Word Wednesday

I’m bustin’ my meme cherry!

Thanks to Emily, I’ve been tagged to particpate in a six word memoir meme. This meme was initially prompted by the book written by Larry Smith & Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure.

Apparently, Hemingway was once bet ten dollars that he couldn’t sum up his life in six words. He did…and his words were, “For Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn.” The book is a compilation of similar 6 word stories. This meme challenges us to do the same.

Here are the instructions:

1. Write your own six word memoir;
2. Post it to your blog including a visual illustration if you would like;
3. Link to the person who tagged you;
4. Tag 5 more bloggers; and
5. Don’t forget to leave a comment in the tagged blogs with an invitation
    to play.

So here’s mine:

“Despite predictions, C-student makes it big”

As you can see, I haven’t quite fulfilled my memoir, but I figure I’ve got a good 60 years to get it right (“it” being the making it big part…I’ve got the C-student part down pat).

Anyway, now I’m passing the baton to a few of my favorite bloggers…Stacy, Rob O., Marit, Lori, and Monkeytoemomma.

Have at it girls (and guy)!

p.s. can anyone tell me how to pronounce meme??

Want more? Click here to subscribe to “that cool broad”.

Tags: observations

• 1 marit // Jun 18, 2008 at 1:21 am

My first thought was “meme… that should be easy!” But no way is this easy! I’m going to have to brood on it.

• 2 Monkeytoemomma // Jun 18, 2008 at 10:18 am

Woo Hoo! I’ve already done this, so this is a cinch for me!

I have no clue how to pronounce “meme”. I usually say it with a short e, but have no idea if I’m saying correctly or not.

• 3 Stacy // Jun 18, 2008 at 2:41 pm

I laid awake at night counting phrases on my fingers. This is tough work.

• 4 thatcoolbroad // Jun 18, 2008 at 2:44 pm

It IS tough work! When I challenged my husband, he poo-pooed that it could be done.

• 5 Stacy // Jun 18, 2008 at 3:36 pm

BTW – I have blatantly stolen your ShareThis buttons. Because Jason is desiging two different websites and has no time for my lowly blog buttons.

/cries in a sad corner

• 6 thatcoolbroad // Jun 18, 2008 at 4:01 pm

I think that button is just a wordpress plugin…so you’re welcome to it. (I steal things from other websites…don’t tell).

• 7 Lauren Busteed // Jun 18, 2008 at 8:28 pm

I have no idea what I would use as my six word memoir! Maybe: ‘Dreams are only made in reality.’ Is that good? Tell me what you think!

• 8 Lauren Busteed // Jun 18, 2008 at 8:32 pm

Sorry, that first one wasn’t really a memoir, but i tried . . .

• 9 thatcoolbroad // Jun 18, 2008 at 8:38 pm

@lauren

I think that’s a great one! Maybe not so much a memoir…but definitely a great way to live your life:)

• 10 Lori // Jun 20, 2008 at 9:18 am

I finally got one.

Boobs-fallen. Hair-graying. Wigging out.

• 11 Elizabeth // Jun 22, 2008 at 4:08 pm

First meme? That was great! I work for SMITH, the magazine responsible for Not Quite What I Was Planning, and I’ve been keeping on eye on this meme (pronounced with a long “e”, according to the dictionary) for a few months now. I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed yours (congrats for beating the odds). It’s fun and tells the story of a lifetime, which is something I love to see in six words. If you’re interested, consider submitting it to the site. We might use it in the next book!